Think it is impossible to create a retreat for a wedding business operated by yourself? Think again! I’ve been using retreats in my own business since its inception and it has propelled me to achieve success FASTER.
Just because you work alone as a “solopreneur” doesn’t mean that your business should operate any differently than big businesses. After all…if you don’t think big, then big things never happen.
Stay Directed And Focused
There is a significant difference in creating your own retreat versus attending a retreat with others. When you are alone, you must stay directed and focused. To help with this keep an agenda and use a timer to keep moving along. If you get distracted, eliminate that distraction and turn your attention back to your task.
Brainstorm And Analyze
Brainstorming and discussion are crucial factors in a successful retreat. The advantage to brainstorming alone is that no idea is ridiculous. You can’t embarrass yourself! Set your mind free. If you feel your thoughts are blocked, try this!
Turn your discussion into an analyzation by using one of these three tools:
- Perform a SWOT Analysis (Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats) to test your ideas.
- Create a Positives and Negatives List to help you decide if the idea is a good one.
- Ask questions like these:
- Will this be profitable?
- How long will it take to implement?
- What resources do I need to get this done?
- How will my business improve from making this happen?
- How will my clients benefit from this?
- What is standing in my way that I need to eliminate to get this done?
Make The Time
Close your office down while you conduct your retreat. Create the much needed time you need to focus on your business. Make things happen faster.
Create The Space
Take yourself out of your normal work environment if needed to fuel your creativity and keep you focused. Be sure that you choose a space free from distraction. (Holding a retreat in a coffee shop is definitely off limits!)
I’ve revealed my solopreneur retreat strategies because it is time for YOU to take your business to the next level. No more procrastinating. Follow the instructions in each post in this series, carve out the time and make things happen…NOW.